Deputy President William Samoei Ruto now wants their Jubilee Headquarters opened immediately.
This is after Secretary General Raphael Tuju, on live TV, had claimed that he had reached out to the DP over what his allies had uttered on the First family.
“I took it up with the Deputy President and we had a discussion on it. I made my decision very clear. Some of these things are being done using his name. He has to come out and be contrite about this issue
“No buts, no ifs, hitting about the bush and trying to be very clever about it. He told me that he had tweeted about it but I don’t believe that will satisfy infuriated people,” Tuju stated.
However, in a sharp and quick rejoinder, Ruto’s camp came out tongues wagging with a different version saying he was Mr. Ruto who had reached out to Tuju and not the vice versa.
Vocal Ruto blogger Dennis Itumbi on Thursday September 9th morning detailed how the second in command had personally called on Tuju asking him to explain why their party offices had been closed in the guise of renovations.
This is after it emerged that their headquarters had been shut down for over seven months to be able to resume operations.
“Tuju did not pick Ruto’s calls. Why would he lie? Tuju, later on, returned Ruto’s phone calls and the DP told him he (Ruto) will be working from the party headquarters next week and would wish to meet him or whoever is available when he arrives. All other claims being made by Tuju are false!” Itumbi hit back.
Ruto is having a difficult time with his Jubilee Party following unending internal conflict which has been affecting their daily operations what, at some point, triggered him to launch another parallel party christened Jubilee Asili with offices in Nairobi as part of his efforts to counter the ongoing party wrangles.